Be a Supporter!

JollyJolly

Main News Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 53 Fans

knife training knife training

I like it, but there's too much motion blur.

Pros:
Is this your first flash submission ever? If is, it's really good for it being your first flash submission. The animation is fantastic. The loop is perfect, after a while I couldn't tell when the loop began and when it ended.

I think this could be a really cool flash series. A girl that is a badass fighting random people attacking her, sort of like the madness series I guess.

Cons/Recommendations:
You use WAY too much motion blur. Every movement she makes is blurred, and in my opinion that looks bad. I think you should cut down on it quite a bit.. you can still use it, but use it less. Like when she quickly moves the knife.

Madness Deaths: Lesson 1 Madness Deaths: Lesson 1

Review.

Pros:
It's pretty good for your first animation, the shooting effects, zooming, etc were great for it being your first flash submission to NewGrounds.

Cons/Recommendations:
It's very short, and misleads you into watching it over again expecting to have "Rule 2", but it's only a single loop. I recommend you add a replay button as the music also starting overlapping over it's self, and this could probably easily be avoided with a replay button.

It's not drawn very well. Lines are unfinished, some lines are bigger than others, etc. It looks bad and isn't done very well. I recommend you make the lines look a bit better. The gun is also really low quality, I recommend you redo it so that the quality isn't so low.

boypisces responds:

Thanks, and to be honest I agree with everything you've said, I definitely should have put a replay button at the end because only after uploading the video did I see that the video starts over and over and the music overlaps, I assumed like on youtube the video would end when it was supposed to and not loop, and as for it only being one animation this video was supposed to be a preview for a video I've yet to create. I'm planning on doing at least 15 rules, the lines not being finished was an accident and the gun turned out crappy because I can't draw guns so I copy and pasted one of the internet which looked fine to begin with, but when I put it on the flash it came out all pixelated >.<. I am going to remove this one once I'm finished with the main video. Thanks for your constructive criticism mate.

Jolly tribute Jolly tribute

Review #2

Thanks for making this Domo. Sorry it took me so long too review it. Anyways, it's really awesome for you too have done this, Man. although I wish you would have credited me.. Thanks too thenewbies, too.

Domo-2 responds:

thenewbies did most of the work for making the B and kewl :3 thing. I made Jolly.

And I double credited you!

BonBombs BonBombs

The same concept has been done loads and this didn't really add much to it. Other games in this genre are usually colorful and have multiple types of bombs. This is dull, dark, and only has one type of bomb. Adding colors would definitely improve it.

I don't like the choice of in-game music. It feels really unsuitable for this type of game. It's just a few drum loops thrown together. It's boring. I think trance music, or something similar, would be a lot more suitable for this type of game.

One thing I liked about this that I haven't seen in other game like this is the fast forward button. Nobody wants to wait to watch the bombs slowly drift towards the explosion region. It definitely helps make the game feel less repetitive.

I found one glitch. If you go into the high score menu once you leave the menu it will unmute the in-game music.

Seismoz responds:

Thanks for the Feedback.
(P.S.: no loops. i made the music myself ;_; )

Explode Explode

Pros:
It's an fun short little casual game that can easily be beaten in one sitting. If you go for the medals it makes it a bit challenging and fun for people that otherwise wouldn't enjoy a game like this.

The music is quite good and non-annoying. A lot of games have background music that is very noticeable and loud, but this is perfect.

Cons:
The things I didn't like are fairly small. It was a bit annoying that if you wanted to reset the level you had to go back to the menu and select the level again. Pressing 'R' to restart would make messing up a lot less frustrating.

Level 8 is a lot more difficult than any of the other levels. I feel it should be level 10. All of the other levels are really easy to get the par on in comparison to it. I think the game would actually be quite a bit better if level 8 was removed entirely. The other levels are of a fairly consistent difficulty but it's a lot more difficult than them, it feels out of place.

PencilMadness PencilMadness

Nearly flawless, but could use a few new features.

Pros:
I've always liked this game. I occasionally come to this flash submission and just draw random things for a few minutes. I like how small the file size is. It's fun for a few minutes at a time and you don't have to worry about an annoying loading time or anything, it loads instantly for even the slowest internet speeds.

I really like the brushes. I occasionally, while bored, mess around in either MS paint or this. One advantage this has over MS paint, for me, is that MS paint doesn't really have many good brushes. This game has a lot of awesome brushes with really nice effects, my favourite being the grungy-ish scribble brush.

Cons/Recommendations:
A button to reset the size and opacity to the default would be great if it were added. If you mess around with the sliders it's annoying to try to get it back to the default size.

I'd really like more brushes. This has some really nice ones, but it doesn't have any basic ones. Such as a simple pencil that allows you to colour in one pixel at a time.

If you were to add in a pencil brush, one feature that I think is basically required when you do that is to add a zoom feature. The pencil effect is great for pixel art, and pixel art is really difficult if you can't zoom in really closely to the image.

The colour picker is terrible, in my opinion. You have to click randomize colour and hope that the colour you want comes up. Why not make a proper colour picker of every colour available?

~Lost in the Darkness~ ~Lost in the Darkness~

Enjoyable at first, but repetitive after a while.

I'm surprised this has only been used in one flash submission so far. Hopefully in the future it will be used more, because it's a great song.

I think it should be a bit shorter, though. I mean, it gets really repetitive after a while. Other than that, it' quite a nice song, but it's basically the same thing over and over again after a while. It'd be okay as quiet background music, though.

Renaissance Nights Renaissance Nights

Review

I really enjoyed not only this song, but both of the games it's been featured in. I'm quite a big fan of all things renaissance. I agree with what others have said, it does sound quite like the music in Runescape, and some of the music in RuneScape is really high quality.

I think the background given in the description makes this song even better. You give tons of background, including a location, a time zone, and everything. Environment can make a good song great.

I've listened to this song dozens of times, and I doubt I'll ever get tired of listening to it. There's honestly nothing I dislike about it. It's in my top 3 favourite songs from Newgrounds.

Hardstyle Sidechaining Test Hardstyle Sidechaining Test

Review.

Pros:
It's quite a nice song, in fact it's probably one of my favorite songs on the audio portal. Hard Style is defiantly my favorite music genre, although it's rarely done well, but I think this song succeeds in doing so.

I like how it quickly starts up and gets into the song, there's barely any waiting point to get into the good part, and honestly without the small waiting point I don't think it would have been as good as it is.

Cons/Recommendations:
About 30 seconds into it, it gets a bit repetitive. There's barely any change for the next 20 seconds into the song, I honestly think this song should end just a bit earlier than it did.

Annika Annika

Review.

Pros:
You make the most high quality artwork than anybody in the Portal. I love all of your work. It's purely amazing. I love everything about this. And I do mean everything. INCLUDING your signature. You defiantly deserve to be a professional artist, if you're not already.

My favorite part of this is the face. You did amazing on it. Most people have one thing I don't like when it comes to the face, but you don't. The nose, eyes, and mouth looks absolutely amazing. The hair is perfect as well. I think you did absolutely perfect on everything on her head.

The clothes look amazing as well. They have so much details. I love it. The clothes are perfect as well.

I think the environment is the best of all. Everything from the leafs on the tree to the grass on the ground looks absolutely amazing. They have so much details. Everything in this piece of art is absolutely perfect. This is by far, in my honest opinion, the best piece of art on NewGrounds.

Cons:
I don't really have any cons for this. It's amazing. But, if I had to pick one thing, and it's a very small thing which defiantly will not bring down my rating, it's the little white in the bottom right corner.

Super Chakra-X Super Chakra-X

Review.

Pros:
It's very well drawn, and I like pretty much everything about it. The shading is fairly good, as is the art overall.

Cons:
I don't really like the way the neck looks. It looks pretty odd. They eyebrows look odd as well, I don't like how they point up how they do. It doesn't look like you put very much effort into the background either.

Overall:
It's good. You could defiantly improve in some areas, but otherwise it's good.
7/10

Mista Torrence Mista Torrence

Review.

Pros:
-Great drawing
-Great Shading

Cons:
-Kind of bland, colorwise.